Answering a call to action from food allergy leaders
Aimmune was founded to address the unmet medical need to develop regulatory approved treatments for food allergies, starting with peanut allergy.
Aimmune was created in response to a united call to action from the leading minds and key stakeholders in food allergy who met at an advocacy-sponsored research retreat in 2011 to reach consensus on the direction of food allergy treatment research.
Among the outcomes of the retreat, the group concluded that a standard oral immunotherapy (OIT) approach needed to be established, and associated products needed to be developed. When no pharmaceutical company showed interest in developing an OIT treatment, the food allergy community formed Aimmune.
Today, Aimmune is working to fulfill the 2011 shared vision of developing a peanut allergy treatment and making it available to allergists for patients worldwide.
- Initiation of Phase 2 clinical trial for AR101
- FDA assigns Fast Track Designation to AR101 for peanut allergy
- $17 million Series A financing
- Investigational New Drug (IND) application filing for AR101 for peanut allergy
- Founding of Allergen Research Corporation